|Still runny in the middle: yum!|
Simon has kindly created these recipes especially for The One Foundation, using One produce such as One Good Eggs and One Clever Loaf, and the results were truly delicious.
Here is the recipe for my favourite meal of the day, which is extremely simple to recreate at home.
|Me and other Bloggers cooking at the event.|
CHORIZO SCOTCH EGGS WITH PEPPER CHUTNEY
6 hard boiled One Good Eggs – cooked 6 mins max
175g sausage meat
75g finely diced/blended chorizo
tbs chopped parsley
tbs finely chopped chives
Plenty of salt and white pepper
Vegetable oil to deep fry
Pepper chutney – 1 red onion, sliced
4 red peppers, finely sliced
Clove sliced garlic
8 gherkins, chopped
100ml red wine vinegar
1 finely chopped birds eye chilli
1. Mix the sausage meat, chorizo, herbs, chives and plenty of seasoning in a bowl. Sausage meat seems to be rather tricky to get hold of now, so I simply bought sausages and removed the meat. I advise using good quality sausage meat, as the cheaper kinds tend to be rather sticky.
|Use scissors to extract the meat.|
2. Divide into 16, press flat, then flour each egg. Egg wash and then wrap the sausage meat mixture around each egg in even ball -try not to make this layer too thick as it will not cook through, but make sure that no egg is exposed.
3. Deep fry at 180c for 4 mins, turning regularly.
4. For the chutney: fry onion, garlic and chilli for 3-4 mins to soften. Add the peppers and cook for an additional 2 mins.
5. Add the sugar and vinegar and bring to the boil for 10 mins. Take off heat, add chopped capers and gherkins, season and cool.
6. Serve the chutney with the scotch eggs and a little pretty salad garnish.
|My finished Scotch Egg.|